Good Oral Health Starts Early
Tooth decay is nearly 100 percent preventable, but can develop any time after the teeth begin to appear at about 6 months of age.
Protecting a baby's smile starts in the womb and continues for a lifetime. Visiting the dentist by age 1 helps:
- The child and parent establish a relationship with a dentist.
- Alleviate the pain and suffering that can result from untreated oral health issues.
- Assist in emergency and future dental treatment.
- Reduce future dental treatment costs up to 40 percent by establishing early preventive dental care like check-ups and cleanings.
- Ensure a safe home for future permanent teeth.
- Your child learn to speak and chew properly.
- Prevent cavities.
As a leader in oral health, Delta Dental of Illinois is proud to provide these free oral health resources.
Dentist By 1 Educational Materials
For more oral health resources, visit YourOralHealthHub.com.
Delta Dental of Illinois is proud to partner with organizations throughout Illinois to promote the Dentist By 1 initiative. Click here for a list of supporting organizations.